Raise your hand if you instantly think of Stuart Smalley whenever you hear the word “affirmation”. Thanks to him, affirmations were the “powdered sugar” of therapy; nicely sprinkled as a extra boost when I need it most – breakups, job loss or short on cash. A good one motivates me to keep moving forward. The best might get printed and posted on a bedroom mirror.
Affirmations aren’t powdered sugar at all. They’re more like vitamin D3 topped with a good Bullet Coffee.
They rewire your mind away from “scarcity” and “fear” to accepting this life of waiting-laundry, dirty-dishes, and kid-going-to-school-with-pants-too-small is actually catapulting you into success. Yoga pants are enough. And traipsing through a pile of toys to get to my desk to share this with you is actually pretty awesome. Because what counts are connections, curiosity, and creativity and not the Pinterest worthy life. Don’t get me wrong, we all love a clean house as much as any other human. But countless comparisons are just another form of fear blocking a much needed positive mindset.
And this positive mindset is THE most important thing you need to master to make a quantum leap. Otherwise you’re constantly doubting yourself each time you see anything that reveals a “flaw”. Then is a slipper slope into the land of negative thoughts where you don’t produce anything. A dinner party with Chinese takeout is better than the dinner party that never happens because we couldn’t find time to pull together a meal. Jim Carrey, Oprah, Will Smith are just a few people who take an affirmation Vitamin every morning with their coffee.
So take a deep breathe and steal these winners. Rewrite them and post them wherever a negative thought might be lingering with your kids Ninja Turtle sword ready to take you out.
Dreams + Creativity
- I am an open channel for creative ideas.
- I am a magnet for miracles.
- There is nothing I can’t do if I just pause, meditate and connect to the energy and power inside of me and around me.
- I am divinely guided at all times.
- I easily meet people and create positive and supportive relationships.
- Every decision is the right one for me.
- Anything that I need to know at any given moment is revealed to me. My intuition is always on my side.
- My dreams are much greater than my fears.
- Fear and worry are a misuse of my intelligence and imagination. If I am to use my imagination, I only use it to imagine myself doing something great.
- I let go of pain and anger in order to welcome new beginnings in my life.
- I surround myself with people who bring out the best in me, and I see the best in others.
- I no longer feel the need to criticize myself. I replace all negative words to describe myself with positive words.
- I am patient with myself and others.
- All that I seek is already within me.
- Every experience I have is perfect for my growth.
Motivation + Goals
- I deserve the best and accept it now. All my needs and desires are met before I even ask.
- I focus on being authentic, and open myself up to the source of Infinite Wisdom from which my brilliance and wisdom flows.
- My life is joyously balanced with work and play.
- Staying motivated comes easy to me.
- My focus is razor sharp and strictly on my top goals for this year, which happen to be __________.
- There truly is nothing to fear or worry about, because I cannot fail—only learn and grow.
- I have unlimited potential.
- Today I will take one step toward my dreams.
- I only get hooked on empowering habits.
- I have incredible self control.
- I easily let go of old, limiting behaviors.
- I hold the power to change my mind.
- Week by week I easily change my habits for the better.
- I am full of infinite creative energy
- I am fearless in all that I do.
- I take care of my physical body to allow my spiritual to blossom and flourish.
- I extract all the sweetness of life without filling my body with harmful substances.
- I love exercising and spending time outdoors soaking up vitamin D.
- My immune system is incredibly strong.
- I do not take my health for granted and each day give thanks for this gift of life.
- I am ready for sleep.
- I am calm and safe as I lie down.
- I am relaxed both physically and mentally.
- I am grateful for the experiences that today brought into my life.
- I am happy with the accomplishments I achieved.
- I look forward to the opportunities tomorrow brings.
- I am refreshed every morning with a new and positive outlook.
- I am now falling asleep with positive thoughts of myself and my life.
- As I follow my curiosity, I discover my destiny.
- Everyday I understand my purpose with greater clarity.
- I give up being perfect in favor for being authentic and vulnerable.
- Every effort I make brings me closer to my life purpose.
- I am worthy of all my dreams.
Love + Relationships
- I am an amazing creation of love.
- I am a miracle. I am eternally loved, cared for and treasured.
- I love myself unconditionally and therefore I am able to love others unconditionally.
I challenge you to try using affirmations every morning for a week and tell me what you think. I guarantee you will see results even after a few days!
Also, tell me what are some of your favorites?
Love & Gratitude, Carla 🙂
photos by Unsplash